Back to VacanciesApply
Responsibilities and duties
- Maintenance of day-to-day accounting records and transactions.
- Handling monthly closing and accounting tasks, including but not limited to preparation of monthly financials, bank reconciliations, tracking and updating of monthly and quarterly valuations, GL Entries etc.
- Preparation of documentation and checking of all invoices for VAT submission on a quarterly basis.
- Tracking of budget and reporting variances to the management and department heads and assisting with their various queries.
- Maintenance of Budget transfers between various categories.
- Arrangement of supporting documentation for internal audit and state audit requests.
- Preparation of year end audit file and arrangement of supporting documentation for all external audit requests.
- Handling of year end closing and preparation of accruals and other GL entries.
- Preparation of base reports for performance reporting.
- Maintenance of Lease Module and Fixed Assets Module.
- Reconciling all Investment bank Accounts (BNY).
- Provide support for any Ad Hoc tasks as required by the Financial Controller.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Management
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience preferably in a complex financial services business, bank, asset management company, pension fund or sovereign wealth fund.
- Experience in and understanding of investment products from an accounting perspective
- Competent and familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- In-depth knowledge of investment accounting full life cycle and methodologies, policies, procedures, regulations, international and local standards
- Fluent in English and Arabic