Our client, a desirable, Dubai government entity, is currently looking for a Head of Finance who will take overall and direct responsibility for the existing finance department, to oversee the operational functions of the department whilst ensuring the overall delegation and segregation of duties across the team. In conjunction, this role shall also have oversight of all planning, budgeting, and funding obligations to ensure that the “value-add” support can be introduced across the business with a strategic and visionary partnership. The role will also extend to the development and implementation of financial planning and analysis tools; to ensure that the finance capability can allow for strong MIS to all business units and senior management to allow for decision support. This analytical aspect shall demand a track record of financial modeling, ensuring that expansionary and operational plans, can be assessed and executed in alignment with the financial and commercial objectives of the organization.
– Demonstrate a solid track record of financial reporting and financial management, whilst having the hard and soft skills, to work within a business support remit that can evolve financial policy and procedures in support of business growth and diversification.
– Ensure implementation of and conformance to the financial and accounting policies and procedures, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
– Oversee all financial aspects of business and drive the organization’s financial strategy and planning
– Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets and allocations for each business units in the organization while assisting in company-wide budgetary planning
– Ensure that all the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
– Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
– Responsible for the various company payroll records, to ensure accurate payroll information is submitted in a timely manner by supervising financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
– Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and integrity of financial reporting
– A finance professional with a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA)
– Proven experience as Head of Finance or similar role, having 8 to 10-year experience in Financial Accounting, Budgeting, and Stakeholder Management
– Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
– Excellent organizational and leadership skills