A leading entertainment and media company in Abu Dhabi and seeking to recruit a Vice President of Business Development to lead the sales team. The role is accountable for the activity of pursuing strategic opportunities for the organisation by cultivating partnerships or other commercial relationships or identifying existing/new markets for its products or services.
• Formulate all aspects of the BD policies, strategies, actions and report on those issues to the CEO and the Board, as needed
• Provide expert advice and support to team members, and senior management on all BD issues, opportunities, etc.
• Be accountable for the implementation of BD related activities and oversee the integrity of BD information
• Drive and support the team in proposal management, development of new concepts, identify and drive business opportunities, client relationship management, etc.
• Manage the department corporate activities including management reporting, board reporting, KPI setting (department and individuals), business planning, department planning, business continuity, risk management strategy, etc.
• Develop new partnerships from one-off contracts, joint ventures or partnerships in which organizations share ownership and responsibility for the ultimate outcome or product
• Ensure that commercial terms and legal terms are optimized to organisation’s benefit
• Direct and manage the sponsorship, sales and other commercial opportunities
• Contribute to the regional expansion strategy of the organisation to ensure sustainable long-term growth
Required Experience & Skills:
• Master’s Degree - Degree in Business, Marketing, or ideally with MBA
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English and Arabic
• Experience in entertainment, media, events or similar industries
• Minimum 12 years of BD experience with over 4 years in the UAE
• Excellent ability to build and maintain relationships
• Establishes clear expectations for team, including responsibilities and deadlines