Budget Analyst, Capital Projects and Life Cycle
Our client is looking to appoint a Budget Analyst, Capital Projects and Life Cycle reporting to the Senior Director of Budgeting, Financial Planning and Analysis. This role’s main focus will be to manage the budgeting for campus capital projects which are funded from all sources, including campus operating and capital funds. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing support in the preparation and development of campus wide capital and life cycle budgets, monitoring, reporting and analysis of budget and financial information.
• Manage the set-up of all capital projects in the general ledger and system.
• Collect data and perform research on details of capital budget transactions.
• Capture, track and report projects revenue and expenses.
• Determine appropriate procedures for budget and accounting record preparation.
• Oversee, reconcile and resolve problems relative to complicated capital and project accounts.
• Run and analyze moderately complex financial reports, often from multiple systems and prepare basic management information reports.
• Coordinate with Facilities Management to ensure timely processing of reimbursements to campus for delegated projects
• Performs and compiles complex financial and budget analysis, modeling and projections using a variety of tools and methodologies.
• Develop projections and models for short and long range planning.
• Develops methods and systems to stream line budget and reporting processes.
• Support budget office through data extraction, data compilation, report development; budget and financial analysis.
• Prepare ad hoc reports requested; interpret, prepare, analyze and synthesize data and information from the budget database, data warehouse and other financial sources.
• Prepare supporting documents and perform analytical studies to describe and evaluate trends for the Director
• Participates and supports annual budget process, budget development, budget book production, budget monitoring and department budget information support.
• Financial Reporting and Accounting; Collaborate with the campus Controller's Office in the development and maintenance of the chart of accounts for all capital activities Identify and resolve incorrect entries, data anomalies and exceptions; assist in the review of capital project expenditures and the reconciliation and preparation of schedules for annual financial statements and related footnotes.
• Manage the preparation and analysis of month-end, quarterly and annual financial results. Analyze and interpret income and expenditure patterns at various levels of detail
• Provide daily support to department financial managers on chart fields, account charges a variety of budget and financial related issues
• Participate as member of budget project teams with relation to budget and financial projects: information system chart of accounts, system upgrades and implementations as well as in campus business process development and documentation
• UAE National with Family book
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Accounting
• 5 years of experience directly related to higher education/ corporate budget/fiscal
development with applied advanced fiscal analysis and analytical techniques, and execution
at university/company-wide level or in a large and complex program area or Seven years of
experience directly related to complex accounting, budgeting auditing in higher education
or in relevant corporate environment
• Experience with enterprise wide systems such as Hyperion, Oracle, People Soft or other
budget and financial information systems
• Strong accounting, budget and financial experience
• An advanced degree is preferred