We have an excellent opportunity with a top tier Government entity in Dubai, the role we have sits within the Group Strategy team and will tackle a range of key objectives across Market, Economic and Business analysis. The AVP of Strategy will help the entity make informed strategic decisions that align with growth plans and the broader future vision & mission.
In order to achieve the objectives of the strategy, it needs more granularity, understanding and continuous review of the Core markets across MENA region with stress-testing undertaken to consider changing business and economic forces.
Some key questions need to be asked and answered – such as:
• What are the implications of COVID-19 on the local and regional economy?
• What sectors and clients should be targeted in light of COVID-19 recovery?
• What future economies should Dubai invest in to stay relevant and drive growth?
• Are our regulatory and business proposition in line with the needs of the market?
• What are other economic headwinds across the globe?
• What is the impact of political trends to the region?
• What kind of FDI would the region encounter for the next 8 years?
• How would this FDI breakdown by conventional and alternative asset management?
The selected candidate needs to have a head for macro trends, an eye for quick win opportunities and the drive to see the ideas implemented at a micro level across markets. The position would assist the VP of Group Strategy in answering all these questions by conducting a smart and thorough analysis of the market and business trends.
The key trends would be supplemented by creating propositions for each segment and the respective communication & messaging across the various industries. To complete the circle the position would assist in drawing a go-to-market strategy including identification of target clients, segmentation and delivery of the messaging through various channels including below and above the line media.
Key responsibilities include;
• Business Intelligence reporting
• Value proposition & key messaging
• Go to market strategy
• Business planning
• Our client is seeking somebody from a consulting, private equity or investment banking background
• Strong understanding of financial services in the MENA region around its opportunities and threats
• At least 7 years of work experience with a high aptitude and expertise around financial and economic
modelling and forecasting
• Adept at “smart search” for business and economic data from various databases
• Preferably MBA holder (international Business School)