Associate Director of Admissions
Our client is looking to appoint an Associate Director of Admissions reporting to the Director of Admissions to join a leading group of dynamic, diverse and committed employees. The Associate Director of Admissions provides leadership and support in the development and implementation of the undergraduate recruitment plan, oversees key recruitment strategies, and assists the Director of Admissions in the administration of the Office of Admissions. Our client implements employer-of-choice practices to attract the strongest candidates to their organization.
• Assist in the Admission Review Committee for each cycle of Admission.
• Manage the day to day outreach activities of the recruitment office, including, but not limited to, coordinating the annual activities calendar, developing and refining the lists of target and non-target schools and counselors, tailoring outreach, communications, activities and any special programs, all with the aim of establishing a sustainable pipeline of regionally appropriate applications.
• Act as an admissions officer where necessary to ensure coverage of international schools.
• Maintain close school ties to support application completion as well as to assess competitive and fit for regular admission
• Read applications; evaluate applications against admissions requirements and quality criteria, facilitate the completion of promising applications, communicate with counselors and IIE partners to gain clarity on the educational context a student is emerging from, make final decisions regarding making invitations to Candidate Weekend, or final admit/deny decisions
• Support Candidate Weekends/Counselor Weekends in a leadership capacity, including but not limited to overseeing travel and transportation, developing agendas, communicating with leadership, faculty, staff and VIP participants, coordination stakeholder participation, managing event logistics and coordinating pre- and post- weekend informational needs and follow up
• Cultivate and maintain stakeholder relationships with heads of schools and key partners in educational organizations. Present at local or international conferences.
• Enlist relevant international leadership/faculty to provide professional development opportunities for local school administrators and officials to engage the local leadership. Develop programs as appropriate or necessary; implement said programs.
• UAE National with Family Book
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 2 years’ of experience in international admissions/recruitment or domestic
recruitment in the U.S.
• Expertise in the global secondary education system
• Public speaking/presenting experience
• Excellent speaking and writing skills required; Able to present well to large and small
• Strong customer service orientation, with impeccable phone and conversational manners
and a friendly, outgoing personality
• Highly organized, detail oriented with strong follow-through skills
• Ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations and/or people
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to acquire technical and functional proficiency with
new software applications; previous experience with educational databases is a plus
• Ability to work some evenings, weekends, and travel internationally
• Master’s Degree