Assistant Dean of Students & Campus Life
Our client is looking to appoint an Assistant Dean of Students & Campus Life reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Dean of Students. Our client provides a highly diverse community that shapes and examines issues of common humanity through multicultural perspectives, and are committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity regardless of identity for all faculty, staff and students. The title of Associate Dean of Students may be considered for candidates with additional experience and/or expertise.
• Develop the CDC’s short- and long-term goals, oversee day-to-day operations, and assess programs and services in terms of metrics including costs and benefits, student and external engagement, cost effectiveness, etc
• Oversee CDC’s budgetary and personal resources.
• Oversee advising services and the development and implementation of various career education-related events.
• Provide strategic and operational oversight over senior year programming across the Campus Life Division.
• Manage the Division of Campus Life’s staff development resources.
• Contribute to Division-wide initiatives through service on committees and working groups.
• Partner with colleagues from different departments to provide crisis management support and identify appropriate interventions for students at risk.
• UAE National with Family book
• Master’s degree in counseling, higher education, or closely related field
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in career development,
counseling, student affairs, human resources or an equivalent combination of education and
• Experience developing and administering programs, seminars and events, and experience
producing training and educational materials related to career development required
• Experience successfully serving and mentoring a diverse population required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• High level of proficiency with standard computer software, and capacity to learn new
• Strong service-oriented demeanor, exercising discretion where needed. Website content
management, publication design, database maintenance, and/or presentation software
expertise strongly preferred
• Ability to prioritize and adapt in a fast-changing environment, demonstrating initiative and
• Comfortable with public speaking